PUBLIC INPUT SOUGHT
2021 Windom Community Council (WCC) Bylaws
Thank you for taking time from your day to provide input into our revised Windom Community Council (WCC) Bylaws!
Open Comment Period Ends November 27, 2021
Bylaws are WCC’s legal and procedural manual. They define:
• Size of the board and how it will function
• Roles and duties of directors and officers
• Rules and procedures for holding meetings, electing directors, and appointing officers
• Conflict of interest policies and procedures
• How grant monies will be distributed
• Other essential nonprofit corporate governance matters
State of Minnesota nonprofit laws (as established by the State of Minnesota Legislature and supervised by the Offices of the Secretary of State and the Attorney General) address nonprofit governance matters.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) also monitors nonprofit organizations. WCC files annual tax documents with the IRS and reports updates and revisions to its governing structure.
Bylaws are not typically public documents, however, WCC’s contract with the City of Minneapolis requires that neighborhood organizations, under contract with local government, make them readily available, for accountability and transparency, to the public.
WCC is required to seek public [neighborhood input] when they are revised. In October 2021, WCC undertook the job of updating its Bylaws.
Please take time to download the bylaws and provide input via Google forms below.